The Parenthood Journey BLOG
The Douglas County Healthy Youth Coalition hopes that our blog site|forum will better connect our families with one another, as well as practitioners and service providers based here in our community. Our coalition and its members are firm believers in the timeless proverb “it takes a village to raise a child”. Unfortunately, parents have never had, nor never will be given the perfect one size fits all manual for raising healthy and well-adjusted young adults. It’s for this reason, we hope gather broad base perspective (best practices) that meet the ongoing needs of our families and fulfills our organization mission to “put the health and well-being of Douglas County youth first, through advocacy, education, and community partnerships”.
Respondents please help us and our parents with the following:
Encouragement, confidence and inspirational stories
Tips and advice from experts
Resources and parenting success recommendations
Parent insights you’ve gained and the challenges you’ve experienced
BLOG Engagement Rules and Conditions
Before submitting the comment, you agree:
- To accept full responsibility for the comment that you submit.
- To use this function only for lawful purposes.
- Not to post defamatory, abusive, offensive, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful or otherwise inappropriate comments, or to post comments which will constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability.
- Not to post or make available any material which is protected by copyright, trade mark or other proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trade mark or any other proprietary right.
- Not to post or make available pseudoscience or political statements, resources or materials, ensure recommendations responses are professionally validated and adhere to accepted scientific standards.
- To evaluate for yourself the accuracy of any opinion, advice or other content.
NOTE: The Douglas County Healthy Youth Coalition team will monitor comments and has the right to remove any information deemed to break the organization's rules and conditions.