The Douglas County Healthy Youth Coalition hopes that our blog site|forum will better connect our families, as well as practitioners and service providers based here in our community. Our coalition and its members are firm believers in the timeless proverb “it takes a village to raise a child”. Unfortunately, parents have never had, nor never will be given the perfect, one size fits all manual for raising healthy and well-adjusted young adults. It’s for this reason, we hope to gather a broad-base perspective (best practices) that meet the ongoing needs of our families and fulfills our organization’s mission to “put the health and well-being of Douglas County youth first, through advocacy, education, and community partnerships”.
Respondents, please help us and our parents with the following:
- Encouragement, confidence and inspirational stories
- Tips and advice from experts
- Resources and parenting success recommendations
- Parent insights you’ve gained
- Challenges you’ve experienced
BLOG ENGAGEMENT RULES AND CONDITIONS
Before submitting comments, you agree:
- To accept full responsibility for the comment that you submit.
- To use this function only for lawful purposes.
- Not to post defamatory, abusive, offensive, racist, sexist, threatening, vulgar, obscene, hateful, or otherwise inappropriate comments, or to post comments which will constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability.
- Not to post or make available any material which is protected by copyright, trademark, or another proprietary right without the express permission of the owner of the copyright, trademark or any other proprietary right.
- Not to post or make available pseudoscience or political statements, resources, or materials, ensure recommendations responses are professionally validated, and adhere to accepted scientific standards.
- To evaluate for yourself the accuracy of any opinion, advice, or other content.
NOTE: The Douglas County Healthy Youth Coalition team will monitor comments and has the right to remove any information deemed to break the organization’s rules and conditions.